You can join the NZHA by completing the form below and paying your first annual subscription fee. (Instructions follow.) You must do both things before your membership will be confirmed.
When you join the NZHA you:
- are entitled to vote and speak at AGMs, and to be nominated and elected to Council and Executive
- support the NZHA to promote historical study, teaching and research in New Zealand
- support the NZHA as an important lobby for matters of interest and concern to all historians in New Zealand
- encourage excellence in historical research through a range of prizes that NZHA sponsors
- are invited to attend, present and discuss your own historical research at the NZHA’s biennial conference
- receive a discount for conference registration
- lend support to administering this website
You can join the NZHA and pay your annual subscription either by posting a cheque or by making a deposit directly into our bank account. The annual subscription is $30, and for 2020 students can join for free!
Paying by bank deposit:
You can deposit your annual subscription into the following bank account:
03 0521 0198200-00
New Zealand Historical Association
For overseas transactions the Swift Code is wpacnz2w (westpac)
Please provide the following information in your banking details:
Reference: Your surname and the first two letters of your first name, e.g. BarnesFe
Paying by cheque:
If you are paying by cheque, please include a note with your name, postal address, email address, and affiliated organisation if applicable. Also, let us know if you would like a receipt. Make your cheque out to “New Zealand Historical Association”, and send to:
c/- David Littlewood
School of Humanities
Private Bag 11 222
Fill out the sign-up form:
Thank you. Submitting your details helps us to keep track of your membership. However, we will not confirm your membership until your annual subscription has been received.