History Making a Difference
The biennial New Zealand Historical Association conference will be held in Christchurch from Wednesday 2 December until Friday 4 December 2015.
Our theme for 2015 explores how the study, teaching and promotion of history in Aotearoa/New Zealand has the ability to ‘make a difference’.
Confirmed keynote speakers are Professor Kate Darian-Smith (University of Melbourne), Professor Dame Anne Salmond (University of Auckland) and Professor Paul Ward (University of Huddersfield).
The NZHA conference committee welcomes proposals for:
- individual papers that reflect critically on our theme from any angle, historical period, or research area, or
- panel sessions that group three or four papers with a chair; or
- bring together postgraduate, early career and senior researchers; or
- bring together those working in the GLAM sector with academics; or
- panel sessions that will be conducted in te reo Maori.
Proposals consisting of an abstract of no more than 200 words per paper plus a 50-word author biography should be submitted here by July 1 2015.